Puppet has a lot of moving parts and a lot of information to remember. The following resources will help you keep the info you need at your fingertips and use Puppet effectively.
Terms and Concepts
- The Puppet Glossary defines the common and obscure terms for pieces of the Puppet ecosystem.
Resource types are the atomic unit of Puppet configurations, and there are a lot of them to remember.
- The Core Types Cheat Sheet is a fast, printable two-page guide to the most useful resource types.
- The Type Reference is the complete dictionary of Puppet’s built-in resource types. No other page will be more useful to you on a daily basis.
- The Puppet Language Guide covers every part of the Puppet language, from conditionals to parameterized classes.
Configuration and Settings
- Configuring Puppet describes Puppet’s configuration files and covers the ten or so most useful settings.
- The Configuration Reference lists every single setting available to Puppet.